Josh and I are very lucky and thank God that she is such a good baby. Everyone has always told me how tired and worn out and busy I was going to be with a new baby, but that's just not the case...Getting up every 3 hours at night has not been a big deal. I think there are a couple of reasons for that:
1. I have never been one who required a lot of sleep
2. I think when you become a parent, the needs of your child take precedence over your own
I love my husband. Just a random thought there :)
Olivia is apparently going through a really long growth spurt. I read that they are only supposed to last a day or two, but we are on day three and she just can't stop eating! And it is starting to show - she is now over 9lbs!! What a little chunker! Sometimes I am sure she thinks she is 6 months old. She picks her head up and looks around with way too much control and she likes to stay awake and hang out during the daytime hours. Seems she doesn't want to miss anything going on around her.
We started using the cloth diapers this week and is has been going really well. The first time we put one on her she got really quiet - who wouldn't though if your butt was swaddled in fleece?!! They are still a little too big for her and give her a little ghetto booty but they are cute.
Also new this week - She has discovered her tongue...She is constantly sticking it out - it's pretty funny to see.
My mom is coming down to spend the week with us while my dad is in Isreal. It's going to be pretty fun and it will be nice for Lil' O to get some QT with her. And speaking of my dad's trip - please keep in him your prayers for safe travel and a fulfilling experience.
What a cutie! Love the pics. She looks like she's meditating in the first one, and in the last one her eyes look so blue! Hope O and G'ma have a fun time together!
ReplyDelete