We have had another busy couple of weeks (do I always say that?!)....
We celebrated Silas' 1st Birthday on Easter weekend!!! Grandma Sandy and Grandpa Den were kind enough to host the party at their house on Saturday morning - A big thanks to them!
It was a lot of fun to hang around with everyone and enjoy his big day. There was food and presents and cake and everything a birthday should be :)
Silas wasn't too interested in opening his presents - he mostly wanted to play with the paper that we ripped off, but he's 1, so what do you expect?! He got lots of great things - clothes and a racecar toy and a basketball hoop and stuffed animals and lots of books! He made out pretty well, I would say and he's enjoying everything he got and looking mighty fine in his new gear :)
I can't believe he's already a little one-year old tot. Time goes by so quickly. He's learning so much so fast. He can tell you what a cow says and what a bear says - and it's a very scary bear I must say!
He can find your nose and his socks and his toes. He calls me and Josh by mama and dada. He's starting to love to read and look at books and he's running around all over the place! He pesters and picks on his big sister as often as he can and thinks it's hilarious when she screams and laughs. He follows her around everywhere she goes (at least when he's not following me around). He is such a little lover - hugs and more hugs all the time :) He's always been and I'm glad he is still such a sweet boy! And just a side note for those of you who might babysit: If you take Silas' diaper off, he will poop on your floor EVERY TIME! LOL - It's like he feels free or something. I'm hoping this means he'll be easy to potty train!!!
We also celebrated Easter that weekend, which was a lot of fun as well. We dyed Easter eggs (us adults had more fun with it than Libby did, but she was into it for a few minutes! Remember last year when she found Elmo in her basket and we got that great reaction? That was so fun, right? Well we didn't get much of anything this year...sometimes she reminds me of her Opa - it can be hard to get an animated reaction out of her! But then she does get very excited about things like popsicles or going outside. She's SO INCREDIBLY whiney right now, it's very trying. Josh and I can take about no more of it. It seriously starts when she wakes up and doesn't end until she goes to bed. The worst thing about it is that it's like it's become her regular voice. She can say something like "that car is red" and she will whine while saying it. UGH! We try to remind her to use her big girl voice but it seems it might not exist right now. But she's 2 sow what do you expect?!
Like how I use that for both kids? It's just their ages and their phases I keep telling myself!
I really do think this is the hardest it's been with the two of them. Our house is kind of insane most of the time. But it's a lot of fun sometimes, too. They can be so ornery and then so sweet and funny in a matter of minutes. If only we could give them everything they want whenever they want it our house would be at peace!
Pictures to come!!!
Can't wait to see these two in 22 days (but who's counting?!)!! There's going to be lots of swimming and outdoor fun to be had.
ReplyDelete