Saturday, December 11, 2010

Proud Parents

I am sure you are all dying to know how O-Baby's first week at the Imagination and Education Station went, right?!!
She did SO GOOD! She has proven to be just what we thought she was - a happy, adaptable baby:) They all adore her as they should.
Wednesday was her first day. I cried all the way to daycare, the whole time we were there dropping her off (I think it took about 20 minutes) and then half way to work. And then a few times at work. I only called to check on her twice in the 5 hours she was there, so I didn't think that was too bad. The first time I called was at 8:30am and they told me she just finished eating was sitting in the bouncy happy and content as can be. I was really glad she was doing well but at the same time, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that she wasn't crying for me. But mostly I was happy. When I picked her up at noon, she was really glad to see me! I got all kinds of pretty smiles from her! It was awesome.
She hasn't napped well over there. I assume it's due to the new surroundings and all the noise - there's so much to hear and see and Olivia is definately not one to let herself miss anything just for a little sleep. So when I bring her home each day she takes a really long nap to catch up. Then we play for an hour or so after she wakes and eats. I have been getting out the rattles and books and mirrors . She loves the mirror; she can stare at her beautiful self for like 3 minutes and that's like an hour for a baby! She couldn't be anything like her mommy, could she?

Olivia is getting so big so fast. We are noticing that she is just a couple of inches from taking up the entire changing table! That's length, not width:) Although she is filling out quite nicely in the round way, too. She is also getting too tall for the sleep sacks she often wears to bed and her little nighties, too. She was in the 34th percentile for height shen she was born, which means 66% of babies were taller than her at birth, but I think she has probably flip-flopped that and is more around the 66th percentile. (That's totally talking out of my booty. I honestly have no idea but it seems it has to be true).

I appreciate everyone's kind words and encouragement during our transition this week - thank you! We made it through the first week, and I know it's just going to keep getting better and easier. Until she's two, right? Is that when they get that separation anxiety?? Oh the things we have to look forward to. I love all of it and being a mom is for real the most amazing thing in the world. I love my daughter more every day.


Our Little Boxer

Rolly-Polly with  little smile

How Pretty

Hello? I can't hear you - I don't know how to put it to my ear!

Mommy and Daughter

Big Blue Eyes

Trying to catch her smile. We kinda got it

All Bundled up for Winter








Thursday and Friday were better for me; I only cried little on Thursday and Friday I was just sad and missing her.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you, Josh and Olivia are all adjusting well to day care. She's getting so big!!! I still can't decide who she looks like. And geez, Tasha, you're getting so skinny!!

    ReplyDelete