Libby is doing great - like always. She is still clinging to the stroller and the couch and our legs to stand / walk. We have been working with her on standing without holding on, and she's getting better. I think her record is 10 seconds! But as soon as she realizes she doesn't have anything to cling to she squats down...she doesn't really fall; just squats down or reaches out for our hands. She can totally do it, but she's just chicken. Completely surprises us, too because she's not afraid of anything. The girl will dive head first off the couch or climb up and sit on the open dishwasher door when we put dishes away. So why is she so afraid to stand? She will get over it in time. Just like her daddy says - All it's gonna take is for her to want to get from here to there and have nothing to hang on to between the two. She'll do it and then think she's super special and super cool (which she is) and she'll be on her way.
She has become a cling-on as of late. She cries and cries and cries if she's not being held. But apparently this is only at home...she must know it tugs on her daddy's heart strings to see tears run down her face :)
We believe she has a Mexican boyfriend because she has been practicing rolling her "r's" and it is hilarious. Not sure where she learned it or how she figured it out, but it's pretty cute! She has also added "nananana" and "uh" to her vocabulary. The "uh" is used when she wants something. She kind of jumps and says "uh. uh." as she does it. I hope she starts picking up on the sign language we have been teaching her for so many months. That way she can sign instead of yell and scream! I make her sound like a little terror, huh? But she's not. She's so sweet.
She is coming into a cuddly stage. It's only when she's tired or sad, but she will now lay her head down on our shoulder and snuggle up for a quick minute. I love love love it! And she gives kisses on command. Just ask her for a kiss and pucker your lips and she will dive in. But be careful because she's a frencher. hahaha!
Well I need to get back to work here...I was on break, but break time is over.
<3 YA!!
Thanks for the update! I love seeing the pictures and hearing the stories!
ReplyDelete