Friday, January 6, 2012

Catch up

I understand it's been 2 months since I've updated this. I'm blaming the 2nd child :) Who has me so tired at night that my poor husband has to hang out alone almost every night after 8 or 8:30!

Last time I wrote, Libby was going through a whiney phase. Thankfully she's over that - for the most part anyway. She still gets that way, but it's not all the time. She has come SO far with her language skills in the last 2 months it's really unbelievable. She still uses her few signs, but she actually speaks a ton of words and it seems she learns a new one every day.
She always tries to be polite by saying "please" when she wants something. She can point to almost all of her little body parts when you ask her to. Her favorite is belly, which she will randomly show off with a huge cheesy grin - Too cute! She's starting to repeat family members names, and she recognizes the faces of her grams and gramps and aunts, uncles, cousins.
She understands pretend play, which is really mind-blowing to me. She pretends to feed her baby dolls with her new kitchen she got from Santa. She brushes their hair (and ours) and makes them "pretty" with a blush brush I gave her. She brushes her teeth - no water or toothpaste, she just holds the toothbrush up to her teeth and shakes her head.
She is learning to blow kisses and melted my heart the other morning. I dropped her off at daycare and she sat down to play with something and ignored me when I told her goodbye. I kissed her on the top of the head and started walking out. When I got to the stairs she stood up and said, "Mama! Mama!" It sounded so urgent; I turned and asked her "What baby?" And she blew me a kiss. It was just too darn sweet!
She loves her puppies, and all of her new toys from Christmas.
She loves playing rough with daddy, jumping on him and slapping his belly and getting tickled. She scratches his back for him and hugs and cuddles with him.
She continues to love to read books. Over and over and over again. The girl eats pretty much anything - knock on wood! Cheetos and cheeseballs and anything cheesy continue to be on her favorites list.
She only gets a bottle at night - the rest of the day she uses a sippy cup. I can't even say we weaned her from the bottle, because she never really cared where the milk came from  - a boob or a bottle or a cup - just as long as she gets some.
Libby is only 3 months away from being a big sister. There are times when I feel guilty that she's going to have to share us; that we're going to have to share our time and attention with another child. But I know it's going to be really great and she's going to be a super big sis! It may take a while to adjust, but she will grow to love the little one and I'm sure she will be a great role model and have a friend for life.
It's hard for me to imagine that I can love another as much as I love her, but Josh assures me I can and I will so I hope he's right! He usually is :)

This year has been one of so much change and so much growth. Within myself and our family. It has been the best and most complete year of my life. I love and appreciate my husband more than ever - he really keeps our family together and takes the best care of us. It hasn't been easy all of the time, but we have worked through the adjustments and changes and come out stronger than ever.
Our daughter is really amazing and she teaches me so much more than she will ever know until she has kids of her own. It's so hard to express all that she means to me.
I hope I have shown them both that they are #1 in my life and that I have done for them as much as they have done for me in so many ways.

Here's some pics to start...the rest are on my computer at home (not that I'm blogging at work ;) I will get another post up this weekend with more pictures and some videos.....










No comments:

Post a Comment