Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getting Comfortable



Happy Easter, everyone! We had a really great weekend - we had family here all weekend visiting - thanks to everyone who came down! It was the Libby show for 3 days, which was fun. She can be a little show-off sometimes. She is cutting some teeth right now, too, so she was a little crabby/sensitive/naughty at times too. But it was still fun. 
Sunday we went to church - both kids were awesome. Libby danced and danced some more. I took her up for the children's sermon. Pastor Foss had a fossil and she kept saying (loudly) "rock! rock!" She was holding a little bottle of baby powder and when it was time to pray she set it on the floor and folded her hands. She's such a good little girl.
Silas slept the whole way through and everyone oohed and ahhed over him. 
Libby got an Elmo doll and some foam bathtub letters in her basket and totally loves Elmo. Which leads me into the story of the night:

Silas woke up from a nap this afternoon and was ready to eat. I fed him for a bit and Libby came and stood in front of me. When he was done eating, she tried to grab him from me, so Josh put her on the couch next to me and she held her little brother for the first time. It was so so so sweet. It about made her daddy and me cry. She was pressing her cheek to his and kissing his little face and totally loving on him. It was so awesome - we have been waiting for the day when she would be ready to love on him...it took a little time, but she has warmed up to him and she's a super great big sister. See pictures below...

Silas is a super awesome baby. He mostly eats, sleeps and poops right now, but everyday he is getting more and more alert and staying awake a little longer. He cries when he's hungry and sometimes when we change his diaper and he screams when he has a bath, but other than that, he is really laid back. He sleeps like a champ (something his sister never did!). He eats about every hour from 5pm to 8 or 9 and then does a 5-1/2 hour stretch, which is so nice for me. I only have to get up once in the middle of the night. I don't know if this  will last, but I will take what I can get and deal with the rest later!
HE's such a great addition to our family - what did we every do without our babies? Looking at our family picture below is sort of weird to me...seems that I'm so busy most of the time that i don't get to stop and think about things....but we have a 17 month old daughter and a brand new baby boy. I have been a mommy for a year and a half. THat's crazy! And it's the best thing ever. I love my family more than i could ever explain...

So we are all settling in and getting comfortable as a family of four!
















1 comment: