Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What's a Sin

I just thought this was too cute and I never want to forget it so I hope you enjoy it, too.

During bedtime prayers I always begin with, "Dear Jesus, thank You for a great day. Please forgive all our sins and take them away." Tonight was no different.I said the beginning as usual and then it went like this:
Libby: Mom, does Jesus take our sins away??
Mom: Yes he does when we ask him to and are sorry
Libby: Mom, are you a sin?
Mom: No. I'm not a sin but I do sin and I have sins
Libby: Are they in your hair, mom??

How cute is that? Trying to understand sins at two years old. It's a hard thing to explain. I told her that sins are things we do that are naughty or hurt other people. Not sure if it sunk in, but we'll keep trying :)

1 comment: