I don't think I talk about it quite as much as I did with Olivia. For one - I don't post as often and for two - my mom told me I need to be a bit more modest about my kids! But let me tell ya - we've got some little smarties on our hands :) Sorry mom - Silas will one day feel bad because I talked about how awesome his sister was so I've gotta give him a little time!
Silas is now 10-1/2 months old and he is walking EVERYWHERE! He is even standing up in the middle of the room without anything to hold on to -and then just walking wherever he pleases - pretty awesome, right?! And not only is he walking, but he dances all the time and it's so hilariously cute! He will dance to anything - even his mommy's singing :) He also started using sign language this past weekend. He squeezes his little hands to say "milk" and he waves his hands in the air when he's "all done." He's trying to tap his fingers together to say "more" but he's not quite got it yet - close, though!
He's such a fun little boy to be around. He's pretty much always happy and loves to give kisses and hugs. He's busy all the time and really really noisy! He was screaming (just for fun) the other day and Libby says, "Dad. What's wrong with Siley-Boy?" Dad says "I'm don't know Libby." She responds, "He's just crazy I guess!!" It seriously is a little insane - his screaming. He doesn't do it because he's mad. He just does it and it's so loud and so piercing! I guess he just wants to be heard and maybe he thinks he has to scream over his chatter-box sister?!
We had family pictures this weekend and they went really really well. I'm excited to see them! Libby didn't want to smile too much. Most likely because we were asking her to and the only good ideas are her ideas....but I think we still got some really good ones of her. And Silas was totally hamming it up (especially when I sang "itsy bitsy spider" to him - he loves that song :)).
Libb is a little chatterbox! She never stops talking as long as she's awake :) We've been working with Silas on animal sounds and different things but everytime we ask him what a cow says, Libby pipes in and says, "moooooo". No wonder 2nd and beyond kids don't talk as early - their older siblings do it for them! She is mostly super funny (without trying to be) but also in a very defiant and, I love you Libby, but mouthy and ornery stage....This too shall pass, right?! She sings all the time too. Last weekend in church during the prayers of the church she sat in the pew and sang, almost at the top of her lungs, Jesus Loves Me! We decided that if she was going to be noisy during quiet time at church at least she was singing that and not Little Bunny Foo Foo or one of the other 25 songs she knows! Seriously. She knows so many songs and nursery rhymes it's crazy! I would name them but it would get quite long. So hopefully she'll just sing them for you some day :)
PICS AND VIDEOS BELOW!
 |
You weren't kidding when you said you made a tiny snowman -- it's cute though! Thanks for the update, pictures and videos. Couple of cute/smart kiddos, but I don't think you're going to have a quiet moment for the next 18 years!
ReplyDelete