I had to put a gown on and lay in a bed where they strapped a contraction monitor and a baby heartrate monitor to my belly and put a blood pressure cuff on my arm. Then I had to lay in bed and be monitored for over an hour. The phlebotomist drew 4 viles of blood to do different tests, and they sent me home with a urine collection kit - I have to collect all of my potty for 24 hours and then take it back to them tomorrow.
In case any of you were wondering, I do have the best husband ever :) He came and kept me company at the hospital. As soon as he came in, the baby woke up and went crazy :) It seems to respond to his voice more and more all the time. The little thing loves his/her daddy - But not as much as I do!
I have my 36 week OB appointment on Wednesday morning, so we will find out what they want to do with me. Best case? They increase my meds to help keep my BP down. Worst case? They put me on bedrest and induce me at 37-38 weeks...
So here I am all strapped up...This was at my first Non-Stress test, not at the hospital today. I have these every week, today's was just longer and more intense. The top strap monitors contractions and the bottom one is monitoring Baby's Heartrate.
![]() |
| All strapped up |

Hope your doc can get your BP down with the meds. Baby Melon needs to cook just a little longer :)
ReplyDelete