What a fun couple of weekends we have had lately. Last weekend my little sister Katie was in town!! Me, her and my mom went wedding dress shopping and it was a blast - she found a very beautiful dress and it only took what, like, 7 hours! Not bad :) It was a super-fun weekend hanging with the girls.
My dad came down and spent the day with Olivia while we shopped - what a good G-Pa, huh?!
He did a great job, and Olivia prooved that she is going to be his girl...She hadn't pooped in 2 days, so she was soooo due for a good one. But guess what? She waited until 45 minutes after we got home that night to let it go! She wasn't going to put her G-Pa through that mess, I guess. Little stinker!
Josh spent the weekend in Minneapolis with my bros watching the opening weekend of March Madness Tournament. Who knows what all went on up there, but it sounds like they had a ton of fun and they are planning to repeat the weekend annually.
This weekend was just us - Me, Josha and Libby. We have been having so much fun just the three of us. Olivia has been just crazy! She's been talking pretty much non-stop... in bed, at the table, in her carseat, at small group, the grocery store - seriously - non-stop! I am sure she is going to be a little chatterbox - she already is:) She has been a ball of entertainment all weekend.
I don't know if I told you about the little mesh food thingys I got her, but we got one out this weekend and put a piece of banana in it. Holy cow she mowed down on the thing! There's a video below of the event. We are enjoying her company more and more every day as she continues to learn. She is inquisitive about everything. Sounds, sights, textures and tastes. Her senses are in full force right now. It is just awesome to watch her figure it all out.
Her sleeping is on the mend, too. I have come to the conclusion that her naps are pertinent to her nighttime slumber. There was a little span of time where I was making the girls at daycare limit her nappies because I thought she was sleeping too much during the day - but I realize now that that was pretty dum-dum of me. She still needs 12-16 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period. So anyway - we are all sleeping a lot more the past few nights which is really really great :)
We started her on veggies this week, too. Carrots were her first and she loves them. We steamed them and then pureed them in the chopper we bought from uncle Nic. She had those every night this week and now it's time for something new. Avacado is up next - I don't know how good they taste, but they are full of lots of essential fats and nutrients. And they don't require anything except some good old mashing. We will let you know how she likes it.
That's it for today - hoping you're all having a great weekend!
She is sooooo stinking cute! I can't believe how much she's changed in the few weeks since I've seen her.
ReplyDeleteI crack up every time I watch this! You and Josh make it even more funny with your baby talk :)
ReplyDelete