We had Libby's 4 month appointment on Friday. She is healthy as can be (besides the stupid cold that it seems she will have forever as long as she is in daycare and it's cold outside). Her stats are as follows:
13 lbs 10oz. 24-3/4" long and her head is 40.3cm around. That puts her in the 75th percentile for height and the 50th for weight; She is tall and thin. Josh and I were both a little surprised by that. We thought for sure she was at least a little chunky!
As far as her development, the doctors were very impressed with her. We were told that we have our hands full because she is doing things that most babies don't start doing until 6 months or later! Dr. Kelly said Olivia will be crawling by 6 months - oh my - we need to baby-proof the house! I told Doc that I have thought that she was ahead of what is "normal" but I didn't like to say anything because maybe I just don't know what is normal or maybe I had that "my baby rocks" syndrome. But she assured us that Libby is "very advanced." So that made us feel good...that must mean we are doing something right....right? Or most likely it is just her little go-getter personality!!!
You might be wondering what these things are that make the doctors say this. I think we have talked about most of them. She rolls over both ways, she reaches out and grabs everything she can, she gets her knees up under herself and frog kicks, scooting herself around, and she pushes herself up on her hands and can turn her whole body to look around. If she could put the last two things together she would be on her hands and knees ready to crawl ! She is an active little girl, that is for sure!
So everything went really well at her checkup. She got her 2nd set of shots, which she still handled pretty well. She did run a little fever with this set, but by Saturday afternoon she was good to go.
Grammy and G-Pa Hopp came down and spent the day with her on Friday so that was nice that she could stay home and rest and get lots of love and attention :) Everyone needs a little TLC after getting stabbed in the legs! I know she wasn't her usual self because of the shots, but I think they still had fun. They taught her a new trick, too - it's so cute - Here's a video of it!
Another video and a few new pics for ya....
Love the new trick! She is going to have changed so much since I saw her at Christmas -- can't wait to see her!
ReplyDeleteTotally love her little trick!! How adorable! She is so gorgeous, I can't wait to see her!!
ReplyDelete