So I got some Cheetos for Libby last night when I went to the store. If you didn’t know – she LOVES Cheetos! I showed her what I got and she got all excited and twirled in circles and squealed and was just super-excited.
So I did the sign for “Eat” and gave her one. Then she wanted another, so I did “more” and “eat” and guess what? She signed them both back to me! It was so darn cute and she kept doing it everytime she was ready for another one. When she does “eat” she slaps herself in the mouth – HILARIOUS! I will have to get a video of it to share with all of you.
We are loving watching her use all of the things we have been teaching her. It's very rewarding to me and I know Josh is loving it, too! It will make her life easier to be able to communicate instead of just whine for everything (which she still does a lot :)!
Grandma and Grandpa V got her some books for her birthday and she really likes the ones with no words – just pictures. We go through the pages and point at the animals and say what they are and what sounds they make. She loves this game! So when we get to the monkey, I always say, “Ooh Ooh Ooh, Ahh Ahh Ahh” like a monkey, you know? Say it - you'll get it...
Well yesterday she started doing it back. But her just goes “Ahh Ahh Ahh.” LOL – She’s a funny little stinker. We pucker our lips like a fish on the fish and she is sooo intrigued by it. She tries to do it but instead just smacks her lips together...at least she's trying!
She is also obsessed with the dog book from Oma and Opa Hopp. She has torn out all of the “pop-up” pieces and broke the binding because she has read it so many times.
The potty chair she got for her birthday is not so much a potty chair to her as it is a foot stool or a bouncing pony ride. She uses it to climb and she sits on it and bounces up and down. Strange, right? But she loves it none-the-less.
She is forever carrying around a stuffed animals – a puppy or a bear or an octopus…a little nurturer she is going to be. She squeezes them and kisses them and just loves them all to piecesJ I DO hope she loves her little sister/brother just as much!
More --- you're slackin
ReplyDelete