Well, everyone...She's done it! Libby is a little walking tot :) By the 2nd week of her trying to keep up with the kids at daycare she was walking like a pro and she hasn't crawled since! It's been a few weeks, but I still love to watch her and am just amazed at how fast they pick up on things. She practically runs across the living room sometimes - she's a little boogier.
She's starting to talk more - she says "Puppy, baby, bye-bye, hiiiiii, dada, mama" Quite a list for a 1-year old. Yes, that's right! She is ONE YEAR OLD! It's hard for me to believe it's been a year, but then I feel like she's been in my life forever. Olivia is such a blessing. Love her soooo much!
We had a birthday party for her - much of the family came down to Des Moines and we opened presents and ate cake and ice cream - just had a good-old-time! I was surprised at how she loved to be the center of attention. She's never really been that way in a crowd, but she sure was enjoying it. She all kinds of great presents. Books and dolls and stuffed animals and clothes and a potty chair...lots and lots of stuff.
We got to Skype with Aunt Katie and Uncle Mike so they could watch her open her pink Oopsie the Octopus that Katie made her - that was fun to be able to do that - thank goodness for internet!
Thanks to everyone for everything - it was a really special day.
Other than that, things are going along pretty smoothly. We are getting some work done on our house which is never fun and trying to prepare a little for the next baby's arrival. Our ultrasound is on the 16th, so I will hopefully have a fun post sometime after that. I am just starting to feel the little tiny baby move around - - seems like it's going by so quickly! I'm sure April will be here before we know it.
We had Libby's one-year pictures and new family pictures taken yesterday. It will be 2 weeks before we get them, but I will share as soon as we do. I hope they are cute! Daddy loves his little baby too much and gave in on buying a little stuffed puppy for her that day. She decided it was best if she held it in many of the pictures. It actually is probably a good thing - if we're going to try to depict who she is at 1 year old, then it shows how attached she is to fuzzy little stuffed toys!
Anyway - here's some recent pics for you to enjoy. Talk to you soon - take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment