Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another Lesson Learned....

So I learned lesson #400-something (just a guess) in parenting last night!

We pulled into the driveway last night, me and Libby. I took the keys out of the ignition and she said, “Key Please.” So I handed her my keys, grabbed my purse and got out of the car. As I walked around the front of the car to get her out, I heard it….the ‘click’…. “Oh no!” I thought. “Don’t let it be!!!” I grabbed the door handle of her door and sure enough, she had locked herself in the car!
“Unlock the doors, Olivia!” I yelled to her through the window. Like she knew what I was saying, right?! I called Josh to see if he knew the key pad code to get in the car, but he didn’t. I had to wait for him to get home and get me the spare key. In the mean time Olivia figured out how to push the RED button and turn the car alarm on and off. So that’s what she did for the next 5 minutes – turn the alarm on. Laugh. Turn the alarm off. Laugh. Turn the alarm on. Laugh. And so on. She was having a good old time in there! This whole time I kept telling her to hit the unlock button and she would just laugh at meJ
She finally did hit the unlock button – just 30 seconds before Josh pulled in the driveway!

Lesson learned: Do NOT give your child the keys to the car – Especially while they are still in it!

Fun times J

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! At least she was having fun and not freaking out!!

    ReplyDelete