Last night finally arrived. Josh got her new crib put together, we moved the rest of the old furniture out and her bedding and jammies and diapers in. And her new room is complete! Well, complete enough for her to sleep in…I still need to get a closet organizer and hang some things on the walls, but for the most part it’s complete. And it’s SO cute!
We were a little worried that she wouldn’t transition well, but really, she has been such a good adapter to everything she has encountered that we figured it wouldn’t be too bad.
And it wasn’t. I did have to go in there and reassure her a couple of times and let her have her milk in bed (I don’t typically like to do that). It took her about a half hour of chatting, whining a bit, and kicking the sides of the crib, but she fell asleep around 8:15 and didn’t wake up until 4:45! Early, I know. She usually wakes up somewhere between 4 and 5, but doesn’t stay awake for more than a few minutes. I think she opened her eyes and wondered where she was, so I got her some milk and she went right back to sleep.
We had to wake her up at 6:15. She was out cold – she’s been sleeping on her belly with her arms up by her head. No more baby butt in the air…she’s growing up so fast!
All-in-all the first night went well. We are both happy with it and I think by the end of the week it will just be her norm.
Thank you Jesus for blessing us with such an easy-going, sweet baby girl. Amen.
Speaking of praying, have I told you how she LOVES to pray? I think we say at least 5 prayers at dinner every night. We pray in the car, in the bathtub, wherever she gets the urge! She randomly folds her hands (and most of the time even does it correctly) and says “Pay? Pay?” We never want to tell her it’s not time to pray because anytime is a good time for prayer, so we pray for whatever comes to mind at the moment and when we’re done she says, “Men!” and claps. How stinkin’ cute is that?!
She’s now kissing with puckered lips, which is a great improvement from her open-mouth slobber kisses! We love those, too – they were just messier J
That’s all I’ve got for you at the moment. I have some pics and videos I will try to get posted later in the week!
<3 YA!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment