Last Thursday we had our 38 week OB appointment. And of course there was more lack of communication between doctors. But you know what? WHO CARES - We are going to have our baby 5 DAYS from today!!! We ended up scheduling my induction for next Thursday, October 21st :) We are praying and would appreciate your prayers that the baby comes before then on it's own or that the induction goes smoothly on Thursday.
As of last week, my body was "unfavorable" for delivery, but all of that can change overnight. We have our last appointment Tuesday morning and are hoping things have progressed some. If not, we will have to go in Wednesday night and I will have to get some medication to prepare my body and then Thursday morning they will start the pitocin and hopefully before Friday we will have our beautiful baby in our arms!
The last 10 months have been very life-changing for Josh and I, but the actual birth of our child is obviously going to be even more of a change. We are so excited and so ready to meet our little creation. It is absolutely going to be the most awesome moment of our life when he/she joins the world.
I think I have known this all along, but it keeps occuring to me recently that this baby is going to be ours FOREVER! What a responsibility - an amazing responsibility.
We appreciate all of your support and your prayers throughout our pregnancy, and appreciate your continued prayers this coming week. You are all in ours !
Something to look forward to:
A woman goes to her doctor who verifies that she is pregnant.
This is her first pregnancy. The doctor asks her if she has any questions.
She replies, "Well, I'm a little worried about the pain. How much will childbirth hurt?"
The doctor answered, "Well, that varies from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy and besides, it's difficult to describe pain."
"I know, but can't you give me some idea?" she asks.
"Grab your upper lip and pull it out a little..."
"Like this?"
"A little more..."
"Like this?"
"No. A little more..."
"Like this?"
"Yes. Does that hurt?"
"A little bit."
"Now stretch it over your head!"
No comments:
Post a Comment