Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our Baby's Baptism

I am finally getting to this post! I guess the timing's not too bad - it's only been 4 days :)

Last Sunday was O's big day. She was baptized at St. Mark Lutheran Church in West Des Moines. The baptism was done by both Pastor Foss from our church and Dad, which was really awesome! My dad did the actual baptism and Pastor Foss did the other parts (I'm not sure what to call the other parts!).
It really meant a lot to me to have my dad baptize Olivia. This was her official birth as God's child, and for him to bring her into that life with the Word and the Water was beautiful. You can see the video below...

Libby's dress was better than I imagined. My mom made it and she knew exactly what I wanted and what would be perfect for the day. It was so pretty and I hope it will stay in the family for a long long time!

I am so appreciative of our family - everyone who could be there was there - Our parents, brothers, sisters, and friends. Thank you all for sharing the day with us. To those who couldn't be there - I know you would have if you could have and I know Libbs was in your thoughts and hearts. Olivia is very lucky to have every single one of you in her life!

Josh and I are committed to teaching our little nina who God is and making sure she knows his love. We will do our best to raise her to show His love to others through her words and actions. God has blessed our lives in so many ways and she is the greatest gift He has given us.

We forgot to put our memory card in the camera like a couple of dum-dumbs, so I need to get some pics from other people. This is about all we have from the day. I will post more when I get them!

Precious Baby

Beautifulness

Look how she holds her dress!

Chy and Libbs

The dudes

Banister and Shandra (?)


2 comments:

  1. Wow -- beautiful thoughts and a beautiful baby girl, Tasha and Josh! Mom did an amazing job on the dress. I love the picture of Olivia and her Molly Monkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have the most gorgeous baby girl! She is growing so fast and has changed so much since I've seen here. Your mom did such a great job on the dress and Olivia looked so beautiful for her very special day. Tasha let me know your schedule so we can meet for lunch or dinner! I would love to see baby Olivia again!

    ReplyDelete