Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Back on 2010 and Forward to 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Can you believe it's 2011 already? 2010 was a really amazing year for me. Let's recount some of those amazing things. :

January  - I made yet another attemp to quit smoking and FINALLY succeeded!


February 13 - I took yet another pregnancy test and finally saw the words PREGNANT!

March 25 - First Prenatal appt. to confirm pregnancy and see our little Embryo @9 weeks


April - Completed the reconstruction of Olivia's bedroom with paint and carpet




May - Memorial weekend Kitchen renovation...Thanks to a handy husband and great family and friends :)

















June 9 - 20 Week Ultrasound and Halfway thru pregnancy - YAY!

June 28 - Katie and Mike were home for a Surprise Baby Shower - Totally unexpected and awesome!!!

July -  Met with  and decided on Dr. Jean (Olivia's Ex-Doctor) and Imagination and Education Station (Olivia's Daycare)

August - We took our Childbirth classes at Methodist - Josh was a really great coach and we learned a ton! October started approaching very slowly at this point. We were ready for our baby to be here.

September - Happy birthday to me, Nic, Katie, Nate, Kelsey, Eric, Ethan....

 October 7 - Happy 4th Anniversary to me and Josh (Happiest 4 years of my life)
October 21 - Olivia Grace finally arrived - Best day of our lives!

November - There was so much going on this month - it was pretty much a blur! Getting to know Olivia, learning to be parents, visits from family and friends., Dad's trip to Isreal...the list goes on :)

December - Happy Birthday to Josh!
First Day back to work after Maternity Leave
Olivia's First Smile
Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!


G-Pa rocking a fussy baby to sleep

Grandma and Grandpa V

Our first Christmas

Me, O and the Bros

Me, O and Aunt Katie

Grammy and G-Pa Hopp

Four Generations....

Four Generations....
So like I said - it was a busy and exciting year for our family. Looking forward to 2011, we will continue to experience many firsts. Olivia is growing so fast and by next Christmas, she will be able to walk and rip open packages and all kinds of fun things. It makes me a little sad to think about her growing up, but she will - cliche, I know - remain my little Punkin forever.

PS - I want to share all of her names so far so we don't forget them...
Olivia, Libby, Punkin,  Punkin Chunkin, Tooter McGavin, Lil' Baby, Daddy's Baby, Liberachi, Libby Lou, Liv....Do you think she will ever figure out her name?? :)

3 comments:

  1. What a year! So many blessings to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And whoa, I'm glad I started CrossFit! Dang I was chubby back in June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liberaci is the best name I've heard yet. Have to dress her up one halloween as a blue-haired, flamboyant, effeminate elderly man.

    And Katie's right - could you have found a less flattering picture of us?!

    Happy 2011! :)

    ReplyDelete